Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 May 2012


ORACLE R12 FUNCTIONAL CONCEPTS


Business Group 

The largest  organization that you set up in Oracle HRMS to represent your organization as an employer. All the Human resource information i.e. employees information is stored at Business Group level.   

A business group may correspond to a company or corporation, or in large enterprises to a 'Holding' or a parent company.

 

Ledger 

The ledger contains the accounting representation of the company. Ledger balances assert that the balance:

a)has a specific value in a particular currency

b)on a given date 

c)on an account

d)is properly calculated

We all know that unlike 11i, in which we had the concept of Set of Books, a Ledger consists of 4C's. Points A, B, C and D correspond to Currency, Calendar, Chart of Accounts, and Convention. 

Convention refers to Sub ledger accounting which we will discuss later. 


Legal Entity

Legal entity" in the Oracle system corresponds closely to "legal entity" or "Company" in the real world. 

It is a juristic person which can:

a)enter into contracts

b)own assets

c)pay debts & file returns

It represents a legal company for which you prepare fiscal or tax reports

Accounts for themselves (balance sheet, income statement, specified reports)

 

Establishments 

An individual legal entity can have exposure to several tax authorities, and be registered with each.
 

For example, a California-registered company might have "establishments" in California and in several other states.
Each legal entity is made up of at least one establishment. 

Note: When you create a Legal entity in the 'Account setup manager' an establishment is created automatically created in the same name to fulfill registration requirements.  The main establishment is always located in the country of legal entity.


Operating Unit

An Organization that uses Oracle sub ledgers, such as Oracle Purchasing, Oracle Receivables, Order management.

It may be a : 

a) Sales Office
b) Department
c) Division

All the transactions happen via sub ledgers.Operating units are assigned to ledgers and default legal context. 

Unlike 11i, operating units are no more connected to Legal entities. However they derive their relationship by  'Operating unit' and 'Legal entity' both being attached to a Ledger.  

 

Inventory Organization

It represents an Organization for which you track Inventory transactions and Balances.

It only holds items with no transactions

These organizations may be manufacturing or distribution centers.

Inventory organizations are associated with Operating unit.

The Inventory Organization has a 'costing method', a 'workday calendar', and a 'list of items'.

 

Balancing Segment

Within a ledger, you can nominate a segment of your Chart of Accounts to be a balancing segment.

Balance segment are prepared for those for which you want to measure both Income and wealth.

  • To prepare both Income statements and Balance sheets
  • To measure ROI


E.g. Your divisions, plants for which you need to measure calculate balances, calculate ROI.
 

 

Connecting the .............

 

 

Maruti Suzuki India is the Business group which will have all the Human Resource (employee information) stored in it. It will be highest in the organization hierarchy. 

Maruti Suzuki India limited (Legal Entity) will be liable for filing tax, preparation of fiscal report and compliance with all tax related authorities. 

The showrooms of the company will be Operating units since they act as sales offices. Note that although legal entities are liable to tax, they do so with the help of operating units. 

The factories/manufacturing units of the company will serve as Inventory organizations of the company.  


Note:  Business Group, Legal entity, Operating unit and Inventory organizations need not be separate organizations. There might be a single organization which would serve as all of them.

The following clearly shows that :

1) All the legal compliance are handled through Legal entities and establishments. 

2) Transactions are recorded at Ledger level

3) Business (Transactions) happen at Operating unit level.  


 

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the information, it is very useful for the learners of Oracle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog,It is useful so many students,thanks for your information.
    Oracle Financials Training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb explanation & it's too clear to understand the concept as well, keep sharing admin with some updated information with right examples.Keep update more posts.Oracle R12 Financials Training

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have handling all the tax preparation Service Garland with accuracy and full of dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am giving software course details in my blog. It is a more useful for to students.
    From this blog you can understand which course is suitable for you.

    Read more:software courses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from a very honest man Mr, Benjamin. She introduced me to this honest loan officer Mr, Benjamin  who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: 247officedept@gmail.com    they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this honest man  and  you can be save as well .WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have a great article here, But let me share with you all here about my experience with a loan lender called Benjamin Lee who helped me expand my business with his loan company that offered me a loan amount of 600,000.00 USD which I used to upgrade my business months ago. He was really awesome working with him because he a Gentle man with a good heart, a man who can listen to your heart beat and tell you that everything will be OK, when I contacted Mr lee it was on my Facebook page that his advert came up then I visited his office at Michigan to discuss about the loan offer that he and his company render, He makes me understand how all process go then I decided to give a try to it was successful just like he promised, yeah I believe him, I trust him, I rely on him as well about all my project he will be my dear financial officer and I'm glad my business is probably going well and I'm going makes my business growth like grass with his help.he work's with a great investors and guess what? They also give international loans. Is that not awesome to hear when you know a lot of business project are growing up each day by day in your heart hoping that you going to make income of that job to raise money for the project, Ops, then Mr Lee will help you with that, Yes international loan he will help you with that perfectly because I trust him very much for that kind of job, Look don't be shy or shaded give a possible try to Mr lee here his contact : 247officedept@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this great information I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Same as your blog i found another one Oracle Fusion Financials . Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for Oracle Fusion Financials and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject, you can learn more aboutOracle Fusion Financials . By attending Oracle Fusion FinancialsTraining .

    ReplyDelete